Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Turkey Day

Thanksgiving is easily my favorite holiday because of two things: Family & Food. Since most of my family that I grew up with still live in NY, its usually a good time for everyone to catch up with one another over some drinks and a gigantic, diverse pot luck-style meal. A combination of American, Taiwanese, Japanese, and Italian cooking (just to name a few), I'm delighted to share with you some snapshots of our dinner:

Here is an (incomplete) overview of the feast at we had.

The turkey was juicy as it ever was and carved up before the rest of the family arrived. My mom added some style by garnishing it with fresh rosemary that she grew herself, as well as some fresh parsley.

Here we have Sweet & Sour Spareribs from Taryn. How good was it? It was the only entree to be completely finished by the end of the evening.

This Sushi & Sashimi Platter is an annual tradition and is courtesy of my Aunt Sally.

I'm afraid I forgot the name of the cool-looking pasta my sister used, but here we have Sausage Marinara over pasta.

Brie with Fuji Apples and Red Grapes. I swear that wine glass was already there before I took the picture.

Homemade Mashed Potatoes, with skin of course! Even though we ran out of sour cream, a combination of heavy cream and milk still gave a wonderful texture to the dish.

Cornbread Pudding by my sister, which was simply delicious.

Sticky Rice garnished with fresh cilantro. A staple from Ah-Ma (Grandma).

1 comment:

  1. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M DYING LOOKING AT THAT SUSHI PLATTERRRRRRRRRR!!!!

    ReplyDelete