Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Can I break the spell...

 

I had the pleasure of seeing Mutemath play live at the Boston House of Blues with a few friends earlier in March. I'm not all that familiar with most of their repertoire (especially tracks off their newest 2011 album "Odd Soul") but based on YouTube clips and concert footage I caught while channel surfing some months ago, I was more than open to give them a go. Here are some the show's highlights:
  • Drummer Darren King secures his headphones from falling off with duct tape. After seeing him play, this definitely wasn't just for show.
  • Lighting, video, and staging effects really complimented the song set.
  • The band had a lot of interaction with the crowd, and there was such great energy in the room. Perfect for the size of the venue!
  • They played all the songs from their latest album "Odd Soul" on top of songs from their previous albums. 
  • There most well-known song "Typical" served as the encore (linked below):

That's lead singer Paul Meany crowd surfing on a black aero-bed strung with what I can only assume are Christmas lights.

I forget which song this was, but confetti shot out over the crowd multiple times over the course of this number.

Thanks for a great show MuteMath, I would not hesitate to see them again if I had the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment