Thursday, May 10, 2012

Saltiness and shawarma


Since returning from Taiwan, a few things have changed in the area of food:
  • Everything tastes too freaking salty! I mostly blame the light (but delicious) seasoning of the food in Taiwan. A meatball sub I had this past week for lunch left my mouth feeling like the Sahara. Bleh!
  • I've had a lot of noodle soups and rice porridge, mostly because I've been struggling with a cold for nearly two weeks now.
  • Before my trip, I was set on blacklisting a few things from my diet upon returning from vacation, and while the list may grow, it currently includes soda (club soda is OK), artificial sweeteners, and fast food (with the exception of desperate moments like at an airport or on a road trip).
  • I haven't been cooking too much in 2012 other than a few staples that my wife and I enjoy, but I was really inspired to take up the spatula again when I caught my first episode of American's Test Kitchen. The episode featured a very tasty looking recipe for spaghetti and meatballs which I'm dying to try. 
  • Just barely related, but The Avengers movie has boosted sales of shawarma! This is shawarma in case you were wondering:

No comments:

Post a Comment