Friday, October 12, 2012

I love New England in the Fall

I was fortunate enough to have Columbus Day off this past weekend and the timing of the long weekend was perfect as I really needed sometime to recharge the 'ol batteries. While a relaxing weekend, the Mrs. and I were able to partake in the great New England Fall tradition of apple picking. Besides getting a huge bagful of apples from Bolton Spring Farm, we were recommended this tasty treat:


Pulled pork over a cider donut! This photo stirred quite a reaction when I initially posted it on Facebook :) While a bit sweet for my tastes, it was a clever pairing and also prompted me to buy a half dozen cider donuts for the ride.


I also have to plug the movie Looper which I saw Monday at the Somerville Theater. I was blown away with their prices: $6 for any movie before 6PM! I am definitely catching more movies here in the future.

Anyhow, I'm terrible at movie reviews, but I have to say it is one of my favorites of the year. Dealing with a plot that includes time travel can often be headache-inducing, however the way Looper handles the plot device is both clever and tongue-in-cheek, encouraging viewers to not think about it too much and just enjoy the ride. On top of a great story, the movie is also beautifully shot and I think you get some great performances from the entire cast, both major and minor characters. Bottom line: Looper is a smart sci-fi film that is definitely worth checking out.

Lastly, it's almost time for Halloween, and I stumbled upon these lovelies:


If any old school Transformers is willing to shell out $60 for these hoodies, then you too can play out your Optimus Prime or Grimlock fantasies this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment