Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Preparations

An adorable hat the Mrs. knit this weekend

Once it felt like Baby Hsieh's due date would never come, that it was months and months away...and now, with roughly a month to go,  I find myself physically and mentally scrambling to get ready for the his arrival! Granted, I'm not expecting to truly feel 100% "ready" before his arrival, but there are a few tasks that I'd really like to wrap up in the next few weekends:
  • Purchase the crib and dresser/changing table at IKEA
  • Assemble said crib and dresser
  • Purchase the stroller
  • Install the car seat
A few of these tasks requires me asking for help, which I seriously struggle with, but something I know I will need to be doing more in the near future. Blame it on a combination of stubbornness and macho/delusional pride.

It also seems like the remaining weekends are going to fly by. A quick glance at the calendar reveals daylight savings time coming up (the bad one where we lose an hour), and in two weekends I'm expecting a wonderful visit from my sister and cousins, who are making the trek from New York to visit us up in Boston...on St. Patrick's Day weekend (an unplanned coincidence). Following that, we've got Palm Sunday and Easter, which I look forward to every year as time of celebration and gratitude. After that, there may be a sliiight decrease in the frequency of blog posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment