Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday's Tunes: Christmas Time is Here...almost

This week I have a few Christmas tunes that I eagerly awaited adding to my iPod, an activity reserved for just before Thanksgiving where we usually drive down to NY and want some Christmas cheer for the drive back!


Skating - Vince Guaraldi Trio
I love the Charlie Brown Christmas special and the soundtrack even more.  The video above is a medley, which includes "Skating" that perfectly captures the joyful mood of the Christmas season.


Barenaked Ladies - God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman/We Three Kings
These guys were actually the first real concert I ever caught back in high school.  Great band, hilarious band members.


Starfield - O Come All Ye Faithful
Interesting rendition of this Christmas hymn


Sufjan Stevens - Come Thou Fount
Though not technically a "Christmas" song, this one comes off of Sufjan's Christmas album. I'm a big fan of the stripped down, lo-fi sound of this track.

No comments:

Post a Comment