Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pedalboard update

  • Upgraded the board itself from a Pedaltrain PT-JR to the PT-1 so that I could fit the volume pedal on the board itself, as well as get a hard case to protect the goods.
  • MI Audio Boost 'n Buff v2: I love two-in-one pedals. While originally I was using it for a lead boost, I've been really digging the sound I get from just leaving it on all the time.
  • MXR Eddie Van Halen Phase 90: This my first pedal a try.  It does the standard phaser effect, but also has a button for "Script mode", which is supposed to be more subtle. 
  • Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret v1: Loved this pedal since I bought it awhile back. I leave it in "Rawk" mode and boy does it live up to the name.
  • Fulltone Fulldrive 2 w/ Mosfet: I was growing unhappy with the sound I was getting out of this guy, but came to realize its just a very tweakable pedal and after taking an afternoon to find an overdrive sound I liked, I finally found a sweet spot in the regular and boost modes.
  • EH MicroPOG: Usually use it to add an octave up and I'm always finding new uses for this pedal.
  • Ernieball Volume Pedal JR/Korg Pitch Black: While a tuner is an absolute essential, I've been wondering if I'd be able to get by without the VP.
  • Keeley-modded Boss TR-2:  For some reason, I go in cycles for wanting a tremolo pedal.  Though I'm pretty close to taking it off the board, there's nothing pressing to replace it with, so I'll leave it on to have more tonal options and it especially pairs well with the MicroPOG for organ-like sounds.
  • t.c. electronics Nova Delay: There's so much this pedal can do and so much I have to learn about delay that I know I've barely scratched the surface here.
  • Boss RV-5: Gave this pedal another try after selling one off back when I started picking up effects.  Very happy with it and like most people who run it, I use it exclusively in Modulate mode.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great board. would love to play through it some time... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chuck, you are welcome to it anytime ;)

    ReplyDelete