Friday, March 4, 2011

A little food, a little gear

  • Although it was delayed to February 15, Taryn and I continued our Valentine's Day tradition of cooking a brand new dish. This year we attempted ma po tofu using a recipe online a friend of ours had approved. The dish was surprisingly simpler to prepare than I would have thought and the results were delicious.  We added some additional ingredients including chopped pickled mustard greens and straw mushrooms, which added some nice additional textures to the dish. We can't wait to make this again!
  • I also got a gift for Taryn from this great site called Frame the Date. We've been trying to figure out what to do with the large wall behind our couch and now we have the perfect centerpiece to build around. I'm very happy with the results of the frame and would definitely recommend the service!
And now on the gear side of things...
    • After getting on the waiting list in July 2010, my Tim overdrive pedal finally arrived in late February.  I almost forgot about it because it seems so long ago I put in the order and haven't been able to log in a whole lot of time with it, but am loving it so far. This all means goodbye to my previous overdrive pedal the Fulldrive 2...it was good while it lasted buddy, but it's time to move on...
    • Traded my Voodoo Sparkle Drive for a Boss DD-5 and tap tempo. I can't decide whether to run this in addition to my current delay pedal, the Nova Delay, or instead of. I'm definitely liking what I hear and the simpler layout, but I'm trying not to be too hasty in selling off pedals. Chalk that one up to lessons learned in 2010!
     
    • I sold my Z.Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory. That beast was just too wild to tame and if I do use a fuzz pedal in the future, I think I'll try one that's not so crazy.

    2 comments:

    1. i LOVE those chopped pickled mustard greens!! do you have a recipe for that?

      ReplyDelete
    2. Let's see, that's a mixture of chopped pickled mustard greens, finely sliced ginger, and either chopped red chili peppers or the dried red pepper flakes you'd get at a normal super market, quickly sauteed with some sesame oil.

      ReplyDelete