Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Anniversary Pie & Dinner at T.W. Food


So what you have here is a low-quality picture of the remnants of our "anniversary apple pie" T picked up in celebration our four years of marriage. We both love pie and she similarly picked up a "birthday pie" back in April for me as well (Sorry cake, I'm just not that into you). What can I say, I have an amazing wife!

Luckily, we were able to have a belated anniversary dinner less than a week later, where we left Jacob with a babysitter for the first time ever. It turned out great, and I'm happy to safe we have an option when we want to go out on a date in the future!

Back to the anniversary dinner: I made a reservation at T.W. Food (377 Walden St., Cambridge, MA), a restaurant I've been wanting to check out for awhile. Although restaurant outings have been non-exisitent since the baby came along, the Mrs. and I really enjoy tasting menus, especially for our inaugural visit to a restaurant, where we really get a better idea of the chef's culinary POV. Here's the menu:


Here are the highlights:
  • First off, the tasting menu had a great variety of unique flavors, each course left us eagerly awaiting the next
  • Some very creative offerings here. T was really impressed with the borscht and how well the salmon roe and bacon served as bursts of flavor in the soup. This is coming from a person who doesn't like cold soups.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the creme brûlée foie gras which came with some delicious toasted brioche. You had to crack the top of the creme brûlée, just like the dessert version!
  • The surf & turf had the best scallop T has every tasted. We were both a bit puzzled by how the sauerkraut fit in...but we finished every last bit on the plate.
  • Early grey is probably my favorite tea (shout out to all the Next Generation fans out there) and in parfait form, it was a light, refreshing way to finish our meal!
I've also heard good things about the brunch at T.W. Food, and can't wait for our next chance to visit!

Chairman...approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment