Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Girl Power

I'm pretty picky when it comes to what female artists I listen to. I had the pleasure of catching Sara Bareilles at the House of Blues this past Tuesday, November 9. I wasn't sure what to expect, but man boy I blown away by what a talented musician she is and what a great show we got to be a part of. She shared a lot about some of what went behind the songs of her new album "Kaleidoscope Heart" and provided some great insight with the joys and difficulties of the songwriting process. I'm definitely feeling inspired to be a better musician and to even take a crack at writing some songs of my own.


Sara Bareilles - King of Anything
I paraphrase Ms. Bareilles, but she shared that this song was about people who should "mind their own f*cking business." Hilarious how upbeat and catchy it is too!


Brooke Fraser - Shadowfeet
This song comes off of her second album "Albertine", I saw Brooke Fraser perform live a few years back at Berklee College of Music. You may know her as a worship leader at Hillsong and the song "Hosanna", but she has some excellent solo albums I would highly recommend checking out. She falls roughly into the Pop/Folk genre.


Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
OK, I'll admit that I just can't resist a good pop song. This song will get stuck in my head for days and was covered by an all-male a cappella group in last week's episode of "Glee". Yea, a little weird for guys to sing it, but a nice arrangement nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. i heard that the accapella group was from tufts! -sooj

    ReplyDelete