Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Listening update

Been picking some music since September, primarily through Amazon.com's MP3 store. Every month they have a great cross section of popular albums on sale for $5.00 each! Needless to say, I took advantage of these sales.

Here are some albums I'm currently making my way through. Feel free to share any recommendations in the comment section:

Age of Adz, by Sufjan Stevens - Caught this guy in concert last Thursday, very different from the majority of music I listen to, and very unique concert experience. I just love the cover for the new album, whether or not that's supposed to look like a vintage robot from 60's era science fiction.

Kaleidoscope Heart, by Sara Bareilles - Post on her concert at the House of Blues last week coming tomorrow! If you liked the first album, I definitely recommend checking this one out.

Flags, by Brooke Fraser - Had no idea she had a new album that was released in October. Excited to check out what our girl Brooke has to offer this time around in her third solo album.

Ellipse, by Imogen Heap - Same deal, I enjoyed her previous album and only found out about this 2009 release from a random blog I read.

Invented, by Jimmy Eat World - I was honestly a bit underwhelmed in my first listening of this one, but I'm coming around to it. No standout track just yet, but you'll be I'll share it once I find it.

1 comment:

  1. you will forever be my music guru. i'm checking out all of these albums as we speak! thanks as always, jon!

    ReplyDelete