Friday, November 5, 2010

TV update

I don't really hit the movie theaters anymore, but still a big fan of TV. Figured I'd share a little update about what I've been watching.
  • Modern Family is a hilarious show. Glad so many friends recommended it to me.
  • Decided to power through and finish the 6 remaining episodes of Battlestar Galactica I have left. Figured I made it halfway through the final season, might as well finish the journey despite the negative reviews I heard of the Finale. At least the first two seasons were awesome.
  • Dropped How I Met Your Mother. Episodes were less and less interesting and I'm just not a fan of Ted, who's got to be one of the least likable starring characters in a tv show.
  • My wife and I have been slowly making our way through the series Bones, thanks to Netflix and their extensive library of streaming content. It has a great blend of darker comedy and mystery, but ultimately, a very interesting and endearing cast.
  • Still bummed that Lost is done and gone. Next on deck for my drama/sci-fi fix is Fringe.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Jon!! This is gonna be a long comment because I haven't seen you in so long!

    I'm totally with you on Modern Family! And I'm also becoming more and more dissatisfied with How I Met Your Mother. It's like flashback within flashback within flashback -- kinda lazy writing, too. We also debated about whether or not to finish BSG, but we're glad we did. To us, the finale wasn't quite as bad as we thought. Cyrus and I also watch Fringe. Pretty interesting stuff. Not life-changing like Lost (nothing will ever be!!), but still otherworldly and cool.

    Do you watch or have you tried Community? I think you might like the humor and the smart writing. It's one of my favorites nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ina, good to hear from you! I didn't know you and Cyrus had watched BSG as well! Re: Community, I saw the first two episodes, but for some reason, I just can't stand Joel McHale, which is kind of tough since he's the main character, and makes it hard to appreciate the rest of the cast. If there's a particular episode you recommend though, I'd definitely check it out! Hope you guys are doing well in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about dropping HIMYM too--so boring and disappointing these days! But I second Ina for trying Community--it's def one of my favorites and always gets me laughing. We started Modern Family last night and I enjoyed it...but I still didn't enjoy Big Bang Theory, which Dave is on the second season of already. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete