Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Icy treats



Back in November, we visited Snopo in the New World Mall Food Court in Flushing, NY. What you see above is the "Snow White" found under the header "Romantic Snowy". Looking at the rest of the menu, we quickly encounter the "Engrish" you would usually find at an Asian stationary store. Really, all that was missing from our dessert was a Hello Kitty drawn with syrup to complete this insane dessert. My wife said the look of the dish was like letting Buddy the Elf loose in the kitchen with the task of creating a cold dessert. While kettle corn and multi-colored cereal with shaved ice might be your thing, I just couldn't get over the resulting texture, which I can call "sticky" at best. Although this was not really what I was expecting, it was fun to try, but I would definitely order something else should we return on our next trip to NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment