Friday, April 13, 2012

Off to Taiwan

Things will be quiet for the next two weeks or so on the blog as the Mrs. and I take a family trip to the beautiful island of Taiwan! We'll be seeing family and will primarily be on the tour of the western side of the island. What's there you ask? I'm not entirely sure, but I can't wait to find out as there are both bustling cities and an abundance of natural beauty in Taiwan.

Man, the last time I was back in the motherland was April of 1999, this trip has been waiting to happen for quite awhile now. While my spoken Taiwanese is decent, I can't read or write, and my Mandarin is practically non-existent all the more reason why I'm thankful my mom and sister are along on this trip.

While you can expect entries for "Tuesday's Tunes" to continue, other content will be on hold until I return...

....with tons of pictures...

...mostly of food.

I'm especially look forward to trying as many bowls of Beef Noodle soup as I can, in the eternal quest to improve my own recipe.

Photo from Chow Times
I was instantly drooling after my Google Image search for this...
And while travel for me goes hand-in-hand with eating, I am really looking forward to members of my family that I rarely get to see and to experience with all of my senses the place that previous generations of my family called "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment