Friday, July 13, 2012

Does whatever a spider can


Faithful readers, if you're down with super-hero movies, please go see the Amazing Spider-man! I'm terrible with reviews, so here's a few quick reasons why you should see it:
  • Superior casting to the previous trilogy of Spider-man movies: I can't wait to see more of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and Emma Stone as love interest Gwen Stacy.
  • It's a fun movie: Non-comic fans might not know this, but Spider-man is known for his wisecracks against the criminals he pursues. We actually get to hear this
  • The telling of the origin story doesn't drag: I've heard a lot of people ask "Isn't it too soon for a reboot?" and thus are wary of sitting through a retelling of how Peter Parker becomes Spider-man. Well, no need to fear, it goes by pretty quickly and doesn't hinder the pace (or enjoyment) of the movie.
  • My wife liked it: She doesn't mind geeky stuff and likes summer action movies, but didn't like all the tragedy (wah waaaaah) in the previous Spidey movies. This one? She gave it two thumbs up. Do like I do, and listen to my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment