Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fancy feet

I've posted before about my love of sneakers and footwear in general. For the past year or so, I've been wanting to upgrade my business/formal footwear. In my research, I came across the popular American brand Allen Edmonds who have a great reputation for quality shoes in classic styles. However, the biggest hurdle was the price point for a pair of these classy shoes...that is, until I came across Nordstrom's big annual sale in their men's department a few weeks ago. With free shipping and returns, I had to bite on these:

 

Say hello to my first pair of Allen Edmonds' Clifton oxfords in Walnut.  The walnut is slightly lighter in person (which is fine by me), and I really like the conservative brogue detailing (the decorative "dots") which makes them more interesting than your standard brown shoe, but not too crazy for a more formal occasion if necessary. I'll post later on how well these break-in over time, but I'm happy to report that my collection of shoes have now done a little growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment