Friday, September 21, 2012

I've been a delinquent blogger

This past week felt like it both whizzed by AND moved with glacier-like speed. Regardless, this is what I deserve for not posting all week:

COMICS
Since I have comic books on the brain, for those of you who read your comics digitally, Comixology is running a Thanos Sale ending next Thursday, 9/27 at 11pm EST:


You may remember him as the villain that sent geek hearts aflutter when he appeared at the end of the Avengers movie this summer. Now, you can see what all the fuss is about. I recommend the Infinity Gauntlet mini-series, where Thanos goes on to kill half of the population of the universe (?!?) and the Marvel heroes have to unite to stop him.

MUSIC
This week I've been listening to The Legend of Johnny Cash and found myself recognizing more songs than I thought I would. I'm also really liking Joss Stone's new album, The Soul Sessions, Vol. 2, which is worth checking out just for her cover of Broken Bells' "High Road".

ART
Lastly, friends and readers in NY, do yourself a favor and check out the gallery showing for one of my favorite artists, Phil Noto. In addition to comics, he often illustrates characters from pop culture like Mad Men or Downton Abbey. Check out the poster for the showing:


I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys this stretch of nice weather for New Englanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment