Monday, October 24, 2011

Smitten with the Telecaster

I've been bitten by the gear-bug and I'm itching to test drive some telecasters at Guitar Center.

I still remember a few years back, when someone suggested this style guitar when I was looking to pick up my very first electric. Unfortunately, the clunky body of the telecaster couldn't stand up against the sexiness of the stratocaster I wound up purchasing, pictured below:


One major factor that has me thinking twice now is the simplicity of the telecaster. I mean, sometimes you just want to bang out some chords (and not hit your pick up switch by accident)! Granted, I have a long way to go in terms of improving in my craft, and for that subtle work, I think the strat will be perfect, but hey, trying some teles at the store doesn't necessarily mean a purchase...right?

In particular, I've heard amazing things about the Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster which are made in China and cost about $350 at full retail and a really great price for a solid electric guitar. While any new instrument benefits from a professional set up, many have reported these to be fantastic straight out of the box.

Luckily I have some time to let this all stew as we'll be busy the next few weekends...

No comments:

Post a Comment