Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pocketful of sunshine

Certain things in my life I like to keep to strict boundaries, in particular, what I publish on my blog. I am currently making more of an effort to provide snapshots of my recreational time, because hey, who doesn't like pictures, and also because my memory is really getting worse with age.

There's also a line I like to keep between "work" and "play", but I had to share how much I enjoy not having a strict dress code in my current job, which is academic in nature. This typically means business casual, but with quite a bit of flexibility. I found that as I have tried and put some effort in what I wear to work, it has had a greatly positive effect on my mindset while on the clock. Let's call it the rewards for putting on my "man pants." Since a lot of this process is going to be trial and error, I figured, "Why not bring my loyal readers along for the ride?

While we still had cool, Fall-like weather in June, it gave me a chance to spruce up my work attire a bit by trying out some different sports coat and pocket square combos:



I read an interview in GQ magazine with singer (and dapper gent) Andre 3000 a few years back, and the one thing that still sticks with me today is that he always made sure one piece in his daily wear popped. While I can't find the original article, here's a recent Q&A that GQ had with the artist back in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment