Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes: Disappear

I've recently rediscovered my old Jars of Clay CDs, and one of my favorites is their "Eleventh Hour" album. I remember popping in this disc on a regular basis in my college days. The track below, "Disappear," would kick-off that sonic journey, and the album would always end much earlier than I anticipated...I'm sure there's some kind of life metaphor to be found there.


Disappear
By Jars of Clay

Verse 1
I watch you smile
You steal the show
You take a bow
The curtain falls in front of you
You're magical, on display
I gaze into your eyes and
You turn to look the other way

Chorus
But I'd really love to know
I'd really love to climb
My way into your heart
And see what I could find
I'd walk into your skin
Swim through your veins
See it from your eyes
I'd really love to try...yeah

Verse 2
Standing still, but in my mind
Trying to escape
Looking for a place to hide
Well it's not safe but I'm so near
Invading every place you go
To disappear

Bridge
I'd really love to know
I really want to climb
Into your soul
Walk into your skin
Swim through your veins
See it from your eyes
I'd really love to try
I'd really love to try

No comments:

Post a Comment