Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes: Prince melts my face off with this solo

The following clip comes from the 2004 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductions and features a super-group of musicians (of which I only recognize Tom Petty and Prince) playing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" as a tribute to George Harrison. While the collaboration is awesome in and of itself, Prince's guitar solo starting at the 3:26 mark is what was jaw-droppingly good. The YouTube comments left on the video would seem to agree:

"I hate when people compare Prince to God. God is just not that cool." (Blasphemous, yes. Hilarious, definitely.)

"I really hope that guitar Prince played is at least 18."

And my favorite, an allusion to a classic Chappelle Show skit:

"Game: Blouses."

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment